Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default split A/C - two indoor units? Heat pump?

wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:57:26 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Hi all,

after spending the afternoon alternately trying to work on my truck in
the driveway and running inside to bask in the A/C and rub alcohol on
the skeeter bites to cool them off, I'm thinking that A/C in my garage
would be oh so nice. A friend recommended a two piece unit but I am not
seeing exactly what I'd like from a quick google search. I'm thinking
it would be nice to be able to have two indoor units, one upstairs and
one downstairs, and also if either/both could function as a heat pump
that would be great, because there's no heat out there either. Is there
anything on the market that fits my needs?

thanks

nate

http://www.acwholesalers.com/Wall-Mo...plits-s/86.htm

thanks, this looks like what I'm really looking for:

http://www.acwholesalers.com/Ductles...zone-s/120.htm

looks like these are "comfortaire" products, any comment on
longevity/reliability? I'd say a two or three zone heat pump system
(three zone if I feel like being fancy and conditioning the bathroom
separately) is exactly what I'm looking for.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel