Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak[_2_] willshak[_2_] is offline

Default split A/C - two indoor units? Heat pump?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

Another poster suggested Mitsubishi or LG
but in my mind neither one of those brands is associated with longevity
or reliability.

I'd suggest you look a lot more closely. Those are both reliable, high
quality brands. Your lack of familiarity with them is largely due to
their lack of presence in the US HVAC market. Both brands are quite big
outside the US market where the mini split systems are the norm vs. the
US norm of large central units.

Well, I am a car guy, which gives me a serious mistrust of anything
branded with the triple diamond. Their cars are, in a word, ****, with
the possible exception of the original Eclipse which they somehow
miraculously made reasonably reliable.

I don't blame you for mistrusting Mitsubishi since we blew them out of
the sky by the hundreds in WWII, but LG is a Korean Company.

My only exposure to LG is asking for opinions on home appliances, and
the consensus seems to be the same (although to be fair, some fine,
once-proud American brands are peddling the same made-in-china crap)

so are you saying that this doesn't necessarily apply to their HVAC
products?

nate