Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default AC Struggles

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:43:18 -0500, CJT wrote:

cshenk wrote:

snip

I still think if he's not had a bit of coolant added in 11 years, thats apt
to be it. Combined probably with dirty coils if not serviced in 11 years.

These closed systems should pretty much _never_ (even in 11 years)
require additional freon, IMHO.

My condenser unit has gradually moved about 7 inches to the right in
the last 25 years. It's hanging off its slab a little bit. I think
if I tried to move it back where it started, I would likely crack the
copper pipes. Yes?

Otherwise, if you're right, I'm glad to hear it, because that is one
of the three things that could fail, I think, and you're saying it
won't.

My system is 29 years old with no freon ever added. Haven't used it
this year yet, but it worked fine August of last year.