Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default angle grinder to cut and clean tiles

john westmore_______ wrote:
I have a broken tile in the tiled sill below the front window, on our
house. As it's on a curve, i need to cut a new tile to shape.

I was thinking of buying an inexpensive angle grinder to do this job. could
anyone please recommend an inexpensive one?

Also the tiles were painted black at one time, and we would like to remove
this paint and restore the tiles to their original red colour. Would I be
able to easily grind off this paint with the angle grinder and if so what
kind of disc should i buy for this job? Thanks for any advice.

The best way to do this is to get a Fein Multimaster with carbide tile
blades. I use mine all the time for difficult jobs.

http://www.fein.de/fein-multimaster/...ing_tiles.html