Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default split A/C - two indoor units? Heat pump?

willshak wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

Hi all,

after spending the afternoon alternately trying to work on my truck in
the driveway and running inside to bask in the A/C and rub alcohol on
the skeeter bites to cool them off, I'm thinking that A/C in my garage
would be oh so nice. A friend recommended a two piece unit but I am
not seeing exactly what I'd like from a quick google search. I'm
thinking it would be nice to be able to have two indoor units, one
upstairs and one downstairs, and also if either/both could function as
a heat pump that would be great, because there's no heat out there
either. Is there anything on the market that fits my needs?

thanks

nate

Funny, I see the Google search items right in your header. split ac.

True, but the question is do I need two outdoor units if I want two
indoor units, and do any of them heat as well as cool? DAGS didn't
provide a whole lot of info. Another poster suggested Mitsubishi or LG
but in my mind neither one of those brands is associated with longevity
or reliability. I guess I should pay more attention next time I'm in a
large building, because I know they use these things all the time in
mechanical penthouses and such, but I haven't paid much attention to
brand or capabilities.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.