Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak[_2_] willshak[_2_] is offline

Default Fed up with Radon

john wrote:
When you say drill, your talking about under the slab into the dirt
right ? Im guessing home depot has these 20 foot extensions ? im
already having decent results with only about a 3 foot penetration.
But your method seems more logical.

Dirt grass...you mean something like hay ?

I was thinking about cutting out a wire fence just underneath the hay so
no animals get caught in there....or decide to call it their home.

say its part of a underslab drain. just dont talk about what its
draining

yea, but they'd probably ask..

Something I just thought about... when they run the septic lines...they
dont run them under the foundation do they ? Trying to think if theres
something under there that I might hit with the drill. Because the
whole is pretty close to the septic pipe. Im just not sure exactly
where...doubt it would be under the foundation right ? Probably a super
noobish question.

They're not supposed to be. The fields are usually in the back yards,
especially when you have a well, which would be in the front yard, or in
any case, at the opposite part of one or the other.