Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Newslurker Newslurker is offline

Default How do I open a Casio TV-2000 LCD portable?

I have an old Casio TV-2000 portable LCD TV (it uses a mirror to reflect
the image, outside light to illuminate the LCD). Some time ago (years) it
had a battery leak (4 double A's). The TV continued to work for awhile, but
now has no apparent power. I suspect the leak caused a short that took time
to have an effect. I am trying to remove the bottom of the TV to see if it
is something I can easily clean/fix myself (maybe just some well applied
compressed air). However, after removing all the screws I can find, the
bottom seems to be "hanging up" near the center of the case, at the both
the upper and lower edges. I don't want to risk cracking the case, and need
to know if there are "snaps" holding it together, where they are, and how
to move them. This could be a waste of time on my part, but I would like to
get the TV working again.

TIA,

Newslurker