Posted to rec.woodworking
David G. Nagel[_2_] David G. Nagel[_2_] is offline

Default Dewalt Miter Saw Question

samson wrote:
In article HGngk.87$DS3.39@trnddc01, says...
samson wrote:
My 12 inch Dewalt Miter saw is acting up. Sometimes,
the brake doesn't engage right away, and sometimes, it
doesn't start when I pull the trigger. (I have to move
the blade up and down a few times before it will engage.)
Is this a simple fix, or should I be worried?

Thanks,

S.

The first thing I'd try is blowing out the switch with an air compressor.

Yeah, I did that. I haven't changed the brushes, but the saw
is only a couple of years old. Also, I don't know if the brushes
would be the reason the brake doesn't engage right away.

Thanks to the other poster too for their info.

S.

I had a problem that my blade would not stop also. Turned out the
attachment screw was very loose. The blade was spinning on the end of
the shaft. Tightening the screw fixed that problem.

Dave N