Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default What abrasive wheels for lathe bit grinding

Ignoramus2031 wrote:

What do you use to grind lathe bits (carbide ends or HSS) and is 1/3
HP grinder enough. thanks

It is enough.

Green wheels will grind carbide but I sure don't like the looks of result. A diamond
wheel is SOOOO much better. DO NOT USE FOR STEEL.

Steel, aluminum oxide. I tried to grind HSS using the green wheels on my Harbor Fright
tool grinder, sloooow.

The way you shop auctions, I expect to see you with a baldor tool grinder you got for a
song.

Sure wish Harrold would come back to the group.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller