Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default What abrasive wheels for lathe bit grinding

On Jul 19, 1:12*pm, Ignoramus2031
wrote:
What do you use to grind lathe bits (carbide ends or HSS) and is 1/3
HP grinder enough. thanks

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating

try 60 grit I hardness aluminum oxide for steel and about the same
grit and hardness in silicon carbide for tungstun carbide
you might be able to bum some half worn wheels off someone with a
surface grinder for coffee and donuts