Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 00:57:19 -0700, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to
reply wrote:

If you want something absolutely nontoxic, putting pepper (black, white,
or cayenne) or cinnamon around their trails will leave them confused,
and they will leave. You can then vacuum up the pepper or cinnamon

As strange as it may be, ants dislike lime and that can be heavily
sprinkled around the house foundation. Kids' "sidewalk chalk" can be
used to draw lines where you want to discourage ants from crossing. Of
course, this is not a good idea if you have acid-loving plants. I use
boric acid for both ants and cock roaches--cheap, low toxicity, no
smell, and inexpensive. There is a canister of fine blue powder
called "Roach Proof" (boric acid) where you can dust the power across
thresholds, baseboards, cabinets, etc.

Good stuff. Actually it's spelled "Roach Prufe."