Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New House : Two Electrical Questions

On Jul 18, 9:13Â*pm, Boden wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 18, 8:38�pm, Boden wrote:

wrote:

have you had a home inspector check out the entire place.

its cheap insurance to avoid nasty surprises, can be used to negoiate
lower price, and a person on location will have a better idea of whats
up.

home inspectors are sellers worse nightmare, and buyer best friend

Yes, but most home inspectors I've encountered are less than
knowledgeable. �They have opinions, not knowledge,

having been a seller, they were my biggest nightmare. find one who is
acxcredited, and insured.

as a buyer they will sve you money

Yes, but they save you money through their opinions, not knowledge. Â*It
is akin to extortion. Â*If the various states were to require that these
inspectors be licensed engineers I'd have a bit more faith in their
proclamations.- Hide quoted text -

oh i agree, but for this buyer a inspection cant hurt and may uncover
other issues.

like reversed neutrals and hots in electric outlets. everything works
fine, till one day you plug in a old radio and get shocked bad.