Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Doug Smith W9WI Doug Smith W9WI is offline

Default Very old GE TV dies- what could be wrong?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 05:58:35 +0000, Stan wrote:
The other day I turned on the TV, it worked fine for a few minutes and
then suddenly goes dead. This pattern can be repeated after a short rest
of the TV: it goes on, picture looks fine and sound is OK and then suddenly
dies -- goes totally silent and black -- after a few minutes running.

Just to be absolutely certain... if you disconnect the TV from the
digital box, does it still go dead after a few minutes?

(I'm betting it does, but you'd hate to throw the TV away only to find the
problem was the digital box...)