Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Soldering a tractor radiator (disaster story)

Pete C. wrote:

Possibly a US thing, but if you can find one they sure save a lot of
hassles. I had a radiator on an old backhoe with several leaks, etc.
that I took to a local radiator shop. They returned it repaired,
pressure tested and spotlessly re-blacked in a day for like $80. Come to
think of it, I believe that $80 also covered the hydraulic oil cooler
too. Having the right skills, tools and materials makes all the
difference.

You know, I've never seen a backhoe with a hydraulic oil cooler. What
kind of backhoe was it?

Chris