Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default Metering device?

Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
MM wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:29:44 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson
wrote:

Does anyone know if there's a device available
which will meter the power usage from a single
electrical point?

I bought mine in Tschibo a couple of years ago. I believe
they still have them. There's a Tschibo in Boston, Lincs, and
another in Spalding's Springfields outlet shopping centre.

Not too near Perth, then... g

It's very useful. I have discovered exactly how much it costs
to boil a kettle, do the hoovering, run a PC with and without
the monitor switched on etc.

I'm needing to monitor the amount of electricity consumed
by a steam generator iron, for a new venture I'm planning.

One of the plug in ones will be ideal for that and quite accurate due to
the type of load (no motors etc)
Loads in the ebay link I sent earlier.
Bob