Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anne Welsh Jackson Anne Welsh Jackson is offline

Default Metering device?

"George" wrote:
"Anne Welsh Jackson" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there's a device available
which will meter the power usage from a single
electrical point?

Is that with or without extras on the ringmain? you can buy a meter power
usage that calculates all things that are powered on one specific ringmain
and plugged into any socket but there is no device that will calculate a
designated item on one specific socket.

The premises I'm planning to rent comes with electricity supplied, so
I just need to monitor the energy used by one single appliance, which
might be 'high consumption'. Don't want the landlord complaining,
so I'll offer to pay the extra charge for the extra energy consumed.

I think one of the 'el cheapo' models, mentioned by another poster,
will do the job just fine.

--
AnneJ