Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Is there any reason to keep this antenna?

Rudy wrote:
Is there any reason whatsover to keep the antenna there, e.g. for a
broadcast HD tv signal, or can I remove it without any future regrets?

I'd use it for the free OTA DTV broadcasts.

I have The DishNetwork (satellite) I use the antenna for "local HD"
channels and dont have to pay "Dish" for the "locals"

I'm keeping mine, will probably even upgrade it, even though I have
dish. Every time wind blows hard around here, I keep getting the damn
'searching for signal' box on the screen. I need a backup. Plus, like
you said, for the locals. I get the dish local package as part of the
bundle I'm on, but it isn't ALL the locals. Sometimes one station
preempts something I want to watch, but the same network the other
direction doesn't. (Yes, I went out and bought a couple of the cheap
converter boxes with the coupons, but they can't nail all the area OTA
stations- that is why I need to upgrade the roof antenna.)

--
aem sends...