Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Needed: Bandsaw Table Trunnions

On Jul 15, 3:18*pm, James Waldby wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:27:39 -0700, Mechanical Magic wrote:
Darren,

Don't buy a motor until the saw is repaired.

Make a detailed drawing of your parts and send it to me. I'll compare to
my 14" Delta, to see if it's a direct knockoff.

Darren,
If you make such a drawing I could compare it also, to my HF #32208
bandsaw. *Also see parts diagrams and list on pages 20-25 in 2nd URL.http://ww4.harborfreight.com/zcom/pr...2999/32206.PDF
Incidentally, HF customer service hours are 9-4 PST, which means
they are available until 7pm EST for technical questions about parts.
Of course the order line is open all the time if you just need prices
on parts.

Incidentally, HF has a benchtop wood-cutting bandsaw for $129.99 that
would do for small projects. *62" blade rather than 93", 9"x3.6"
throat rather than 14"x6", rated 1/3 HP rather than 1.http://ww4.harborfreight.com/zcom/pr...mpid=100&itemN...

If you plan to cut any metal, get a metal-cutting bandsaw instead - eghttp://ww4.harborfreight.com/zcom/product/Product.do?compid=100&itemN...
- sometimes on sale for somewhat less - rather than attempting to do
it with a wood-cutting bandsaw.
-jiw

HarborFreight is not open during the hours I can call, and there are
no locations near me, so I'll have to come up with a different source
for parts.

Here are some parts I took measurements of:
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slander/Tools/

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.