Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is there any reason to keep this antenna?

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:51:54 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude
wrote:

Hi,

I have one of these puppies on my roof (the picture is not of my
roof).

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecac...tenna_roof.jpg

that is currently serving no function as I have cable. It does serve
as a convenient ledge for birds with all the predictable consequences.
Is there any reason whatsover to keep the antenna there, e.g. for a
broadcast HD tv signal, or can I remove it without any future regrets?

What do you plan to do when your cable isn't working?

And are you sure your cable has all the stations your antenna has?

In Baltimore, that's not the case. When the Orioles or the Ravens
are on tv, and you don't want to watch, cable doesn't have the DC
stations, but my antenna gets them fine.

Thanks!

Aaron