Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default New House : Two Electrical Questions

wrote:
On Jul 18, 8:38�pm, Boden wrote:

wrote:

have you had a home inspector check out the entire place.

its cheap insurance to avoid nasty surprises, can be used to negoiate
lower price, and a person on location will have a better idea of whats
up.

home inspectors are sellers worse nightmare, and buyer best friend

Yes, but most home inspectors I've encountered are less than
knowledgeable. �They have opinions, not knowledge,

having been a seller, they were my biggest nightmare. find one who is
acxcredited, and insured.

as a buyer they will sve you money

Yes, but they save you money through their opinions, not knowledge. It
is akin to extortion. If the various states were to require that these
inspectors be licensed engineers I'd have a bit more faith in their
proclamations.