Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread[_2_] jthread[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas needed to reduce noise

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
news
I have a pool pump outside of the house, sitting on a concrete block which
is on top of a concrete pad. During the day when the pump is on, I can
hear it in the room which is on the other side of the exterior wall.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1020227.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1020229.jpg

What is the best way to cut down of the noise?

If I cut two slices of styrofoam and put one on top and one on bottom of
the concrete block will it reduce the noise significantly?

Or do I need to take some drastic measure to build some sort of an
enclosure for the pump?

Thanks,

MC

Could you just change the timer on the filter to the time of day you are not
in the room?

My next question is. Is there a window near by? If there is, 90% of the
noise is coming in there.

Pool pumps are usually not that loud. Unless you are just very noise
adverse. See if you can find one that is less noisy.

The enclosure idea would, most likely, cause the motor to overheat if it is
exposed to the sun at all or if it is too small. Some pumps come with covers
but I was told not to use them because of the heat they create.