Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread[_2_] jthread[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas needed to reduce noise

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
willshak wrote:
on 7/18/2008 10:51 AM Raleigh_3_Speed said the following:
On Jul 17, 11:30 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

I have a pool pump outside of the house, sitting on a concrete
block which is on top of a concrete pad. During the day when the
pump is on, I can hear it in the room which is on the other side of
the exterior wall.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1020227.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1020229.jpg

What is the best way to cut down of the noise?

If I cut two slices of styrofoam and put one on top and one on
bottom of the concrete block will it reduce the noise significantly?

Or do I need to take some drastic measure to build some sort of an
enclosure for the pump?

Thanks,

MC

I would also put a cover over that pump unless it is rainproof.

Pool pumps are designed to sit out in the weather.

What if they get wet?

Not a problem from what I understand. Mines outside like that.