Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Metal Bending - Another Crosspost

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:21:42 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I turned down some work at a large casket manufacturer several years
ago. Besides the fact that it was farther away than I prefer, building
furniture to be buried rubbed me the wrong way.

Och! Our pride is a funny thing, isn't it? I've never understood the
need to be buried and then fawned over, especially in a fancy and very
expensive casket. What a waste of time and money! Burn me and feed my
ashes to the fishies (figuratively speaking), thanks.

Cremate. Ashes in a 6" tubular fiber container. Post hole augered
hole, drop in the container, fill and tamp the soil, replace the sod,
record the GPS co-ordinates in a ledger in case anyone wants to know
sometime in the future. No bronze urn for druggies to steal, no stone
for vandals to knock over or to interfere with grounds keeping
equipment. The when all the one foot squares are full, turn the area
into a playground for descendants.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada