Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default What is this wood hammer for?

Doc:

There is a guy (R.H.) who weekly posts a "What is It" tool puzzle on this
NG, as well as other newsgroups:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Take a digital photo, and forward the image of the hammers on to Rob. If
he thinks it worth while to add them to his tool puzzle, he can gets lots
of eyeballs to view the hammers. The choice is solely his to add them.

I am guessing that another clue to the use of those lightweight wooden
hammers might rest with info on the toolbox, other tools in toolbox, and
so forth. Sounds like the hammer's are too unique for just average Joe's
tool box. And since they are made of wood...Then there is no value.

Phil

Years ago I bought a toolbox from someone and there were a couple of
these small hammers made out of wood. The head is maybe 1 - 1 1/2
inches across, a couple of inches long. On one of them the head is made
of what looks like a wood strip that's been wound, the other is solid.
Either of them weigh a few ounces.

What would these be used for?