Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing Electrical Weatherhead ?

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
I am a homeowner in Burlingame California

I am getting a new roof installed and noticed that my weatherhead is very
rusty. Also the ground wire is attached through an insulator into my
roof.

I would like to change out the weatherhead.

What is involved? I guess I need to contact the city? Contact the
utility company PG&E to turn off power? Or do they allow the change over
to be done hot?

If I get the power turned off by the utility company can I do the work
myself?

I guess it would me running new wires too.

Any advice would help.

Thanks

These things are handled differently in locations across the country. You
could call the utility, or an electrician. I doubt they would kill the power
to work on it, so if you are not experienced, hire someone... or just paint
it