Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT-Taxpayer Surprise.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:38:13 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:24:54 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
snip
I say the basis for any forward looking plan will be rooted in
restoring the fundamental integrity of our system of Justice
(Legal), Legistlative (Congress) and Executive but most importantly,
the seperation/ cjeck and balance of the three.
This is what has made America great and it's why capital has flowed
inward. That it's now outbound has everything to do with eight years
of disregarding this truth.

snip
===========
Integrity/credability are indeed foundational. That is why I am
posting this gem of corporate responsibility.

-----------

Look for the General to go chapter 11 after the election to dump
*ALL* their pension liabilities onto the taxpayers and retirees.

Well not all of them.
I've had more than one conversation with my Mother about this and her pre
ERISA plan isn't subject to the latest action. I don't think it is anyway.
In any event, her three sons will get together and make things work with or
without GM, taxpayer money or anything else if necessary.

If Rick Wagoner wanted to freak out an old woman he can rest assured that he
did.
Sheesh.

=============

Amazing how in this "brave new world order" the key to a secure
and comfortable old age remains having a number of successfule
and powerful offspring, as it has been for the last 100,000
years.

GM is correct about one thing however -- it is always easier and
safer to steal from the very old and the very young as they fight
back less.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils: