Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default window trickle vents / airbricks

John Rumm wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
When I put the windows in my extension they are specified as PVCu with
trickle vents as is usual. But am I correct in thinking that I can
provide airbricks or other "controllable ventilation" to the same
equivalent ventilation, and omit the window trickle vents ?

You can also use windows that have the two position locking handles that
allow them to be closed and locked but slightly ajar. (I was unsure when
doing my loft, so specced the trickle vents as well even though the
supplier thought the handles alone would be ok. The BCO later confirmed
that he was happy with either)

Beware of that one. I still haven't resolbved it with the BCO who
considers thaey are insecure, and therefore do not meet building
regulations.