Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Scott is offline

Default Installing A Stove

Don Phillipson wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message

I'm replacing a 30-year old electric Frigidaire drop-in stove with a new

Kenwood
electric drop-in. The old stove has a 220v electrical input consisting of

a black
wire, a black wire with a red stripe, a grey wire and a ground wire. I

believe the
man at the Sears store said that new stoves have two wires, plus a ground

wire.
What's the proper way to hook up the wiring?

If Sears wants to close the sale, it is reasonable for you
to expect unambiguous instructions in writing how to connect it.
"What the man said" is not good enough. If you have more
questions, ask Sears until you are satisfied with the answers.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Don,

The problem is that Sears doesn't install the appliances, so I don't expect them to
have the answers about installation. The instructions that came with the range, however,
are very detailed.

Scott