Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

Default Fed up with Radon

john wrote:
warning....pretty long post

I am so fed up with Radon right now I dont know what to do. I
completely sealed every single crack with poleurothane chaulking. 6 mm
plastic sheeting down , padding down , 1/2 think laminated wood
flooring down... Wood trim sealed with chaulking on top and on bottom.

Have you considered an air exchanger. Draw air from the basement and
vent it outside. Bring fresh outside air in to the house upstairs.
With a slight negative pressure in the basement and a slight positive
pressure upstairs the radon may be kept out of the living areas and be
diluted by the air moving into the basement from the rest of the house.

I have an air exchanger and run it 24/7/365.

LdB