Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Ideas needed to reduce noise

In article ,
"MiamiCuse" wrote:

I have a pool pump outside of the house, sitting on a concrete block which
is on top of a concrete pad. During the day when the pump is on, I can hear
it in the room which is on the other side of the exterior wall.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1020227.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1020229.jpg

What is the best way to cut down of the noise?

If I cut two slices of styrofoam and put one on top and one on bottom of the
concrete block will it reduce the noise significantly?

Or do I need to take some drastic measure to build some sort of an enclosure
for the pump?

Thanks,

MC

You've got the right idea, but the wrong material. Use rubber, or buy
some genuine isolation pads:

http://www.soundproofing.org/infopag...rationpads.htm