CW

Default Variable Speed Drill Press

Spend some time in a machine shop. Fixtures of all types abound.
"Silvan" wrote in message
Bay Area Dave wrote:

yeah, I definitely spend more time getting the piece aligned to the bit
with various fences, clamps, etc. Moving the belts once in a while is
just not an issue.

Since these floor models seem to pretty much come standard with a table
that's easy to remove, I'm surprised nobody sells machined cast iron

things
with bolt holes in the top to facilitate just the sort of thing I have in
mind.

I haven't gotten around to making one yet, but I'm envisioning a length of
suitable pipe with a flange bolted or welded to a piece of steel plate or
some such, with the appropriate work holder permanently attached. Seems
like getting it flat would be a problem. If it's bolted, the bolts would
get in the way. If it's welded, then the heating/cooling would probably
distort the steel plate enough that it would need to be ground flat.

Hmmmm...

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17245 Approximate word count: 517350