Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil Nil is offline

Default Maytag fridge icemaker water hookup

On 17 Jul 2008, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote in alt.home.repair:

The water valve is down by the floor. You have to take off the
little grey cover to get at it.

Hmmm... OK. That's not what the diagram implies, but I did wonder what
was in there. I started to remove that gray cover, but it turns out you
have to remove the entire back panel, not just the gray plastic cover.
What I could see through the slats, though didn't look like a water
hookup, so I stopped there. I'll take the whole thing off tomorrow and
see what's up.

By the way, I mis-reported the brand. It's not a Maytag, it's a
Kenmore, model # 795.78304.801. I've had Maytag on the brain as well,
because my Maytag dishwasher also just broke.

So, it's a Kenmore, not Maytag. Probably doesn't make any difference to
this discussion, but I hope it didn't cause any confusion.