Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag fridge icemaker water hookup

The water valve is down by the floor. You have to take off the little grey
cover to get at it.

If you're not comfortable with this, most plumbers, HVAC guys or handymen
can hook it up. I'm a HVAC guy, and done several of these.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nil" wrote in message
Anybody familiar with how this is done?

I just took delivery today of a new Maytag fridge from Sears, which
came with a factory-installed icemaker. I didn't realize that the
delivery guys hadn't hooked up the water line until they had left. I
figured that I could probably do it myself, but I find that the diagram
in the manual does not resemble the actual fridge. Here's the man page:

http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/fridge1.png

Here are two pictures of the actual hookup area:

http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/fridge2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/fridge3.jpg

I don't think the diagram agrees with the physical unit. The book makes
it look like there should be two parallel tubes, a black one that
emerges from behind the metal panel at the rear bottom access panel of
the fridge, and another that dangles from above. As you can see, there
is only one actual tube, and no obvious place to hook up my water line.

Am I missing something? Could this have been assembled incorrectly at
the factory and is actually missing the "refrigerator connection"
that's referred to in the manual?