Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Painting a steel exterior door

"Oren" wrote

She uses Latex but has no particular brand other than she's partial to
Sherman Williams for exterior (Thompson's water seal for wood things).

Any other tips? I do not plan to remove the door to do this. I do plan
in
2 years or so to have the door and frame removed and replaced with
something
nicer (It's the cheapest all white steel prehung done by renters when they
kicked out the nice wood one I had).

Mom knows best. Next question!

Grin, as I plan to color match the front brick paint to the door, do you
know if there is a best pick for an exterior paint that will let me do a
metal door and brick with the same cans? That way I can get 3 gallons of
same dye lot.

The brick was painted long ago so dont even think about blasting it clean
and besides, wouldnt match the siding color well (an almond with red brick?
eek!). It;s a faded dark brown now on the bricks and a nice almond vinyl
siding. All exterior trimwork is dark brown. Door in it's pristine white
sticks out like a sore thumb.