Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Soldering a tractor radiator (disaster story)

I'm with Iggy. If you can find the suitable repair shop, they can do
this easily, cheaply, and well.

As an aside, there has been a periodic listing for a full set of
radiator shop tools and tanks for a very reasonable price in the local
craigslist. The non repairable aluminum radiators in the late model
vehicles must be taking a toll.

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ignoramus20788 wrote:
Sorry to hear this sad story. Since radiator shops do such repairs
for peanuts, comparatively speaking, I do not even consider any DIY
radiator repairs. Once I had a very broken radiator (off of a cummins
L 4 2 3 D engine) that the radiator shop fixed in a day for $45.

I asked around, but couldn't find anyone locally. Everyone just said
chuck it and buy a new one. Maybe radiator shops are an American thing?

At least I tried :-).

Chris