Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Productivity Problem

"Kelly Jones" wrote in message
. ..

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Well written Ed. Many people these days are more interested in assigning
blame than applying critical thinking skills to these complex problems.

Thanks, Kelly. It would be nice if the critical thinking led clearly to
solutions. Unfortunately, in most cases like the one we're discussing, it
doesn't. But it's a lot more productive than looking for scapegoats.

You are indeed correct that there is more to this than wages. Standards of
living, ecological considerations, and overall product quality play an
important role. How many times have we seen discussions on this NG about
the poor quality of imports?

Right. And a lot of the things we're getting from China really are poor
quality. But not uniformly, of course. Their hair dryers suck, but their
bluejeans can be really good. Fortunately for me, I work mostly in jeans,
and I have less use for a hair dryer all the time. d8-)

It has been said that every time you spend your money you are voting for
the kind of world you want to live in.

That's an interesting thought. I'll work on that one.

--
Ed Huntress