Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT science question

Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 17, 10:54 am, dpb wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:

Also the arrogance is unmatched:
Genetically engineered crop 'experiments' that get into the food
supply

This is almost entirely so patently a made up issue that to even begin
in a usenet thread is pointless so...

Sooo.. Monsanto are the good guys? Sterile seeds are a good idea?
Patented seeds are cool?

In many ways, yes, Monsanto and the others developing more productive
and cost-effective ways to produce food to feed the world's growing
population are, indeed, "the good guys".

Patented seeds are a new concept, granted; I never said anything about
"perfect world", did I? OTOH, drugs and other technology is patented
and is at least part of the driving mechanism that continues to fund
research so it's part of "pay the fiddler".