Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Bike wheel for a bandsaw..

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

The Good news:
It would be a rather straight forward procedure to construct a wheel using a
plywood core, fiberglass side walls and tread along with the reuse of the
existing spindle.

Out of curiosity, why do you need fiberglass side walls?

I know people make high speed dust collector fans out of plywood, I
would think a slow speed band saw wheel would hold up just fine,
probably a lot better than the plastic wheels he currently has?

The Bad news:

It is a VERY time consuming task.

I know how to do it but wouldn't.

I often thought of building one of those plywood band saws but since I
already have a good band saw, I probably won't. I'd like to have a
giant resaw band saw, dedicated to resawing, but...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com