Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default FOLLOWUP -- Lathe and VFD -- Some results

Ignoramus30183 wrote:

I wired the VFD to the lathe. Not in the best way yet, but enough to
experiment. Toshiba VF-A3 3.7 kW VFD, similar to what I sold to Pete
C, only bigger and with cracked top cover. (I have more for sale, 2.2
and 3.7 kW)

The first of those VFDs is doing nicely on my Bridgeport. The second,
along with the 3HP motor from my former RPC is looking like it will end
up replacing the aged 1/2HP motor with failing starting cap on my lathe.
I really need to find a bigger lathe too...