Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd Mike Dodd is offline

Default B&Q kitchen units

AA wrote:

It started with us knowing which Select range we wanted and a store
that doesn't stock the select range saying "no problem, we can still
design your kitchen and order it for you". On delivery day my kitchen
was gutted out and ready for action. Gut feelings led to calls at 1PM,
3PM, 4PM, 4:30PM, 5PM (get the idea) each resulting in "I have your
details here, it is out for delivery -should be with you any time".
Finally at 5:45, just before the end of the delivery window, I call
and demand answers. 5:59PM - they call back. "Sorry, your units
haven't even been assembled & there is a 2 month backlog".
Due to a substantial proportion being paid in gift vouchers (obtained
at a discounted rate by father-in-law) it was impossible to back out
without being refunded in same vouchers. I could go on, but it was
took 6 months to get 90% of the issues resolved. Countless missed or
incorrect deliveries, dozens of phone calls, dozens of excuses,
different explanations etc. Dozens of doctors visits and anti-
depressants. I HATE B&Q. I have only recently reluctantly started
using them again. A lady asked me at the exit the other day "would
you like to help with a customer satisfaction survey?". I would go
back and apologise for my abusive language but I just can't face it.
Besides she is probably used to it.

Rant over.

Rant away, very very similar story to my experience with B&Q deliveries
(completely different item, a air-con extension hose, discussed on this
group a couple of years ago, but I still get the sweaty palms and
twitching eye when i think about it).

I simply have to conclude (after 10 weeks of "it's in the post", "about
the be delivered", "erm, we're waiting for supplies from China") that
B&Q deliveries are simply staffed by a bunch of incompetent, lying *******s.

I'm staggered that they can continue trading as a delivery service.