Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Replacing a busted pane in my french door

programmer.py wrote:
My french doors are double-paned. I don't even know if 'pane' is the
right terminology because there are no muttons in the door. It's just
a big sheet of glass -- a quick unofficial measurement is 21 1/2" x
66". The french door is wood, not metal.

I managed to bust the first pane of glass in my door while mowing
today . Is this hard to replace? Just looking at the door, it
seems simple. Unhinge door, laying it flat. Pop out the outer
molding, pull out the broken glass, put in a new pane, seal and
replace moulding. Could it be this simple? And would I save much
versus just paying someone to do it?

No, it isn't that simple. True double panes are sealed with an inert gas
between them.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...