Bay Area Dave

Default Flamebait: My Weekend at Home Depot

of course you won't. but getting that treated stuff up your nose, in
your eyes, or even getting scratched with PT wood is an irritation that
is indicative of the noxious nature of the chemical used. I wear a mask
and goggles when I'm cutting anything in my shop, so why would I be any
less protected when cutting PT? In fact, I cut it outside the shop;
then I sweep up all the sawdust I can find and toss it in the garbage.
Don't want my dog eating that junk. She gets into everything g

dave

Ramsey wrote:

Well, you won't die from cutting a 2x4. People get so afraid when the
problem is they don't understand the problem.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:47:44 GMT, Bay Area Dave
wrote:

there is a corporate policy that pressure treated wood NOT be cut.
Every HD I've been in has a sign near the saw stating that they won't
cut PT wood. and of course, they SHOULDN'T. the sawdust and junk
floating in the air around that part of the store is not something you'd
want your kids in strollers breathing, nor yourself for that matter. One
day a local HD was cutting PT so I informed the MOD, who admitted that
it should only be cut when the store is closed. I contacted several
agencies to see if they would contact HD officially, but they all passed
the buck. (Health Dept, OSHA, and a few others) I ended up calling
corporate myself where I got the official line that they aren't supposed
to cut it. I give PT wood the respect it deserves when I have to cut it
at home.

dave

Jim Stuyck wrote:

"Ben Siders" wrote in message
news

So you guys aren't kidding! Some of the marginal life forms meandering
the aisles of Home Depot make the skin crawl. The people are Lowe's are
never like that to me. At worst, they pretend to know things they don't
and cheerfully offer helpful "advice" that's so obviously wrong that even
I know enough to nod politely and ignore it.

Hmmm...I went to my nearby Home Depot on Sunday morning,
approached a young fellow in the lumber area, and said, "I need
about 28 inches of a 2x6 pressure treated board." He promptly
picked out the straightest he could find, measured 28", started up
the radial arm saw, and cut the piece. Wrote me a ticket for
$2 and away I went. YMMV.

Jim Stuyck