Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.entomology.misc
David Remley David Remley is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:20:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Boric Acid is real cheap. Any hardware store will have it.

You're all a bunch of bloomin idiots!

You can't kill the invincible Argentine ant where I come from here in
California with Terro or boric acid or arsenic or anything else.

What brings these ants in and out of your house is the weather.

If you think Terro or boric acid is going to change the weather, then by
all means, have a blast. But you're wasting your time and effort.

Says so right he
http://www.mindfully.org/Pesticide/P...nt-Stop-em.htm

The Argentine ant has multiple queens and the workers can go to any nest,
so, you can't kill 'em off just by dissolving 1 teaspoon (5 mL) powdered
boric acid and 10 teaspoons (50 mL) sugar into 2 cups (500 mL) of water;
this mixture can then be absorbed into cotton balls which are left near ant
trails.