Don Sforza

Default Flamebait: My Weekend at Home Depot

Oh Yeah, how about this one!

Two years ago SWMBO and I removed and replaced the vanity, sink and faucet
in our Cape Cod cottage with a vanity, sink and faucet from Home Depot. Most
of the install went smoothly, except for the plumbing part... I HATE
PLUMBING!!!

Anyway, two weeks ago the faucet started leaking... no problem, we'll make
the 10 mile trip up route 3 to get a new cartridge. Well, much to my
surprise, they don't stock the cartridges for that faucet... AND THEY STILL
SELL THE SAME FAUCET... there were literally HUNDREDS of them on the shelf.
(BTW, it's a Glacier Bay... avoid it like the plague). This is THEIR brand
faucet and the management (snicker, snicker) couldn't give me an answer as
to why they don't stock the cartridge... they couldn't even find a listing
for it on the computer. Another rocket scientist suggested I call the 800
number packed with the faucet and "order" the cartridge... Sure, 10 weeks
without a bathroom sink... that would go over big with SWMBO.

To make a long story short... I convinced the Yo-yo in charge to credit me
for the stupid mistake I made (choosing that faucet), but only after I
returned the bad one. I bought an American Standard (at least I know my
local plumbing supply house stocks parts). Thankfully, my daughter's
boyfriend is handy with tools (mark that down in the "Plus" column). I have
a torn rotator cuff and Mike did all the work with some direction from me.
We had the new one installed in about 1/2 an hour. Of course I still had to
make the trek back up Route 3 to return the old one... and had to tell my
story all over again to the new regime installed for the day. And to make
matters worse, since I didn't have the slip, all they would do is give me a
store credit for the old one. I'm still fuming over the fact that they don't
support their own product... geesh!

Venting off...
Don