Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default A/C weirdness

"Jud McCranie" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:06:17 -0500, "Don Young"
wrote:
Don't forget that the heat pump could be in the cooling mode but the
auxillary heat strips are coming on.

It turns out that was it! It quit working again last night (actually
putting out heated air), so I had them here again today. I told them
that 3 times now I was sure that the heater was on. At first he
turned it on and it was working OK. But within a few minutes, hot air
started coming out, and he saw it. He said that I wasn't crazy, I was
right. He tracked it down to the thermostat telling the strips to
come on when they weren't supposed to. Bought a new thermostat
tonight, not installed yet. The night of the first problem there had
been a lot of lightning in the area, but no power failures. Perhaps
there was enough of a surge to mess it up (stat is only 4 years old).
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Glad you found the problem.

Don Young