Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

on 7/16/2008 7:33 PM Harlan Messinger said the following:
David Remley wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:
Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct
percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.

Yeah, bleach is a GREAT thing to get on the carpets.

Maybe the carpets are already white? :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY