Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Little project for DoN or Jeff

Andy Asberry wrote:

This project is for a student Quiz Bowl (think Jeopardy). Eight
handheld push button switches that turn on an led indicator (one for
each player) and energize a buzzer. It must also block all other
buttons so there are no simultaneous lights. Oh, and must be battery
powered.

Just to clue you in on my capabilities, the last course I took in
electronics was for tube radios. I can solder.

--Andy Asberry--

One of the cheap little basic programmable microcontrollers ought to do
the job, something with 16 I/O lines preferably so you don't need
additional support chips. I believe Radio Scrap carries some of the
Parallax micros, as does Fry's.