Vic Baron

Default Flamebait: My Weekend at Home Depot

Oh so true! I have a Sears, Home Depot,Osh all within a few miles. I also
have an Ace Hardware just down the block and the owner lives across the
street. I run an open tab, and pay it when I remember. Many times when I'm
in a hurry and can't get down to the store, the owner will drop it off to me
on his way home. Sure, I pay a little more at Ace - but you can't put a pice
on that type of service.

vgb

"Gfretwell" wrote in message
These are "warehouse stores" where you trade service for price. It is just

part
of the "Kmarting" of America.
We, as a people, do seem to endure a lot to save a buck and until that

starts
wearing on us enough to pony up for decent help it will remain that way.
Personally I don't have a problem with HD/Lowes type places but I prefer

to do
without their "help", it seldom is.
If I really want help, I pay a little more and go to the Ace affilliate

here
who has run a hardware store for 40 years.
Unfortunately there are no full service lumber yards here.