Posted to alt.home.repair
Jordan[_4_] Jordan[_4_] is offline

Default Putting up drywall

On Jul 16, 4:16*pm, "Rudy" wrote:
I almost finished hanging the drywall and .. I went about every 8 inches.. I
read in a few articles to start the first screw down about 7 inches from
the top, which I did. But .. Im wondering if there shouldn't be a screw
closer to the top of the board.

One in the top corner, then every 8" is fine. *You can use more but will
have more holes to fill..

Gonna do a drop ceiling

Is that the suspended ceilinghttp://www.armstrong.com/resclgam/na/ceilings/en/us/panels-installati...
with the 2' X 4' (or 2x2) drop in panels and the hanging metal framework ?
I ve never done that type but am considering going that route in our
unfinished bsmt if SWMBO "approves" it. Its either that stuff or hire some
young lads to "hang" the regular board on the ceiling. *Walls aren't so bad
but the last time I did that (ceiling in a friends basement) *I ended up
with two torn rotator cuffs in the shoulders-took over two years to get
healed up.

Forgot to mention, I did not go the drywall ceiling route as I still
need access to my water/power lines for a future project.