Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

Default OT science question

"sweet sawdust" wrote in message
I am teaching a summer program at a local community college and one of the
other instructors is working on her Dr's. degree. The paper she has to
write asks the question: Why are we/people afraid of science/scienists?
Would anyone like to comment on this? I will give her all the serious
answers or remarks that any one would like to post before 9 pm Thursday
evening. I thought that this might be a fun thing to vent about rather
then the usual whose the worst candiate stuff going around.

I didn't know "we" are afraid of science/scientists!

Some, not all, are deserving of fear because they can be so involved in
their pet project that they get involved in promoting it regardless of the
consequences that the pet project can cause or result in, whether social,
environmental, or financial to others, now or in the future.